Churchtown Dublin14

B

bug707

Hi, I'm are thinking about buying a house in D14 (Just off the lower Churchtown road), would appreciate any feedback on pros/cons of Churchtown and any info about local services, schools etc. Thanks.

The first thing to say about the lower churchtown rd is that it is serviced by the Luas stop at Windy rbor. I'm not sure if your house backs on to the Tram line but if it does there may be some noise from the Luas. Local services are very good. Near to Dundrum Town Centre, a good local supermarket and other shops at Super Valu Churchtown. Notre Dame primary and secondary school, Alexandra School ( girls both private) also reasonably nearby are St Benildus, Parkvale Community School De la Salle.
I would say that if buying a house there now you will get better appreciation in price when and if the good times return.

Is in in the Columbanus Road area? It used to have a reputation for anti-social behaviour.

Churchtown is a really nice area. Very settled, close to lots of amenities including Dundrum town centre, Nutgrove Shopping Centre, a good medical centre, several schools and Mt Carmel Hospital. It's also served by a couple of bus routes into town including the 16A which goes all the way out to the airport. The local Supervalu has a brilliant reputation and people come from outside the area to use it. While some parts of neighbouring Nutgrove have a bad reputation, Churchtown itself does not have any anti social issues. As well as the schools mentioned above, it is also close to Loretto Beaufort and St Mary's boy's national school. The only possible con is that there is quite an elderly population so, if you have young children, you might want to check if there will be other kids on the road for them to mix with.

bug707, I grew up round there.
Is it on the Columbanus Estate?
Big difference between there , & other parts of the churchtown road area.

Hi thanks for all the feedback. Actually we decided to buy the house and are looking forward to moving in, in the new year. The house is not in St. Columbans estate, it is on one of the cul de sac roads off lower churchtown road.