Churchfields, Clonlara, Co. Clare

Mar123

Looking at the houses in Churchfields, Clonlara. Hoping for feedback on that estate, the school in Clonlara, the community in general and if Clonlara is prone to flooding. Thanks in advance.

first off i acnt commenton the estate as such as i am not sure of the exact location,, village itself is ok,, no big issues that i could think of, good location ,, from limerick and other cities,, bighest issue is the mill road traffic and westbury traffic to limerick in the morn and evenings if you have to travel that way,, i would imagine schools to be quite good also

on the flooding,, not rewally an issue,, but i do think in the area known as mount catherine it could be,, not sure if this is near you though, sorry

Thanks Clonboy, Estate is in village, just across from a church. Traffic might be ok, as I can head to work via Parteen. Was worried about flooding, mainly because of the river been so close.

i know now,,, should not be any problem there what so ever with flooding, i seem to recall that the OPW website might cover deatils on local area flooding though

It backs on to the canal, but there is no issue with flooding as far as I know. The banks on both sides are quite high and thegates are usually opened when the level rises so I don't think that is a problem.

Flooding not an issue.
Really nice estate, with the new gaa club, national school and creche right on your door step.

No problem with flooding here. Excellent primary school. Kids from this school generally have no problem getting secondary school place in Limerick. Big focus on Gaeilge and GAA sports. the school was extended approx 3 years ago but as far as i know they are having to use prefabs again.
Some drawbacks. Not a whole lot for kids to do in the area and a lot of "hanging around" done by 10-18 year olds. Can be quite intimidating even for adults, some of these kids don't seem to be parented at all. The Sports and leisure facillty has been under construction for approx 15 yrs, dont know what the expected finish date is for this.

Back