Chromecast - permissions

reserves

So setting up Chromecast and all going well until I'm asked to add the Google Cast extension which requires permission to :

'Read and change all your data on the websites you visit'

Now all I really want the thing for is to mirror web pages and video wirelessly, and this permission doesn't really sound so great.

What exactly does it mean, is it safe - what information am I agreeing to hand over to google?

Thanks

I have Chromecast and think it's a great device. I spent EUR 40 for it and it would still be value at a higher price. And now you can get them for less than what I paid.

With regard to the permissions sought, I chose not to think about that too much. I do not believe that Google will be actively trawling my web search history, any more than they already so .

The mirroring of webpages isn't the quickest and playing a video in your browser and mirroring that isn't going to work at a watchable level. If you wish to limit what Google see then install the Cast extension in Chrome but use a different browser for other things. Really the Chromecast is best used for Netflix and Youtube(direct).

I was thinking of getting a Chromecast but don't have any netflicks subsription or a smart Tv. I stream some stuff from my Laptop but hooking up the TV with HDMI cables. Can I stream it directly to the TV.
Is it better to get an Android Box

Thanks

I was thinking of getting a Chromecast but don't have any netflicks subsription or a smart Tv. I stream some stuff from my Laptop but hooking up the TV with HDMI cables. Can I stream it directly to the TV.
Is it better to get an Android Box

Thanks

For EUR 40.00 you get a solution that works, but may not address all of your requirements. Not all applications support Chromecast, so you may have to switch to one that does, and that switch may leave you with less than you want. Or more . For example, my media player of choice is VLC, but this does not support Chromecast, so for streaming I use RealPlayer Cloud. However, when on my NEXUS tablet, I can stream the whole screen (i.e. use VLC) but cannot do this (stream the whole screen) on my SONY Xperia phone; on the phone I have to use an app that supports Chromecast.

Thanks

I stream a lot of stuff but I am not going to mention how and what but you can judge from my user name
There is a post on Boards re Android Boxes so may have a read of this and see what to get