chrome towel heater (electric)

wheels

I'm looking to install some chrome towel heaters in my bathroom. I've no radiatotors though, only electric heating in the bathrooms. The ones I've seen in B&Q said they are suitable for central heating systems or electric systems. How does this work? Do they just hook directly to the power source or do I need something else?

I would have assumed that central heating ones would be plumbed in so that the hot radiator water would go through them to heat them; while the electrical ones would have an element inside which would heat the rail. If you have an electrical one that does not simply plug into the normal mains then you may need advice from an electrician in case you need a new cirtuit dedicated to this heavy (?) load.

They are duo fuel. They plumb into the central heating circuit (as a normal radiator) usually for winter use and they can also have an electric heater for summer use. But you can install them for one source only and not necessarily both (e.g. central heating or electric)

There is a new-ish bathroom shop on the Fonthill road close to Smyths.
They have tower rails at good price IMO
Pacific curved multirail chromed 1150 * 600mm €380 (central heating only)
Summer Element 600W €180 (extra - added to above)

I have no connection with this shop.

Presumably they have to be wired into a suitable mains circuit since there should be no mains sockets in the bathroom?

In my bathroom I have a wall switch and a connected blow heater ont he wall. The aim would be to replace these with the towel heaters (as the bathrooms don't require the blow heater anyway). Is it really just a matter of hooking up the bi-fuel ones up to the mains switch?

I don't know if the cirtuit to which the "blow" heater is connected would be suitable for the towel rail heater. What wattage is the "blow" heater?

My memory is coming back... the shop is IKON ([broken link removed])
(they web site is not very good. Very little product info on it).
From their brochure (SPLASH bathroom products), their towel rails can be either with dual fuel options (as my previous post) or electric only (factory filled with fuild and fitted with heating element).
Element is either 150, 300, 600 or 900watt depending on towel rail size and BTU required.

I don't know if the cirtuit to which the "blow" heater is connected would be suitable for the towel rail heater. What wattage is the "blow" heater?

Forgive my ignorance Clubman, I know nothing about electrics. If it were a different wattage would this be easy to change? Would it mean rewiring? Currently its hooked up to a red switch with a little red light, like my cooker... I sound really wet here but I really know nothing about electrics.

I've found a rail I like in B&Q for 80 euro. I've also found thermostatic electric element kits in Homebase that will match it, so assuming I get it at the right wattage would I need anything else? Would the heater need central heating protection?

connect a fused spur unit to the ring main,this should be situated outside the bathroom and you can fit a suitable sized fuse for the appliance,the earths of the appliances in the bathroom,ie lights shower,heater, should all be linked and any metal or copper pipe of a reasonable length should also be bonded to earth.best get a sparks involved.