Christmas Tree outside GPO

papervalue

Have many people seem the Christmas Tree outside the GPO. I have only seem it during day time and not very impressed with it. It looks cheap and tacky. I know it is about energy efficency but I would rather see a green tree their. For such a focal point of our city centre i would rather see a tree of hope for the future, sponsor a light or some thing like that for people who have passed on like the hospices do at xmas time.

Have many people seem the Christmas Tree outside the GPO. I have only seem it during day time and not very impressed with it. It looks cheap and tacky. I know it is about energy efficency but I would rather see a green tree their. For such a focal point of our city centre i would rather see a tree of hope for the future, sponsor a light or some thing like that for people who have passed on like the hospices do at xmas time.

It looks like something out of the 2 euro place:mad: 1 million spent on this lights:rolleyes:

Is there an online picture of it? - won't get in to town until Christmas Eve now! I am proper culchified these days! :mad::mad:

The government are telling us it's our 'civil duty' to spend our money at home and they spend a million on a Christmas tree from France????

I thought the lit-up picture of it in the paper was pretty innovative....is it really that bad in reality?

I think it looked lovely yesterday against the spire in the autumn sunshine tbh. Probably looks less attractive in the clouds and wind (don't we all?)

It's not a tree! It's just a collection of wire baubles. Would much rather have a real tree than that thing :(

Why don't they plant a Christmas tree, then all they have to do is put lights on it each year ;)

Bah Humbug! I like it...it looks lovely at night time. The decorations at the side of the street are lovely too...

Whats the point of putting up a tree made of energy efficient light bulbs and then turning it on weeks earlier than normal? It's hardly a 'green' tree. bah humbug!

The reason all the lights are on earlier than usual is to encourage us all to shop here, rather than abroad or online. Leastways, that's the story they spun to the retailers who have to foot the bill for the lights.

The reason all the lights are on earlier than usual is to encourage us all to shop here, rather than abroad or online. Leastways, that's the story they spun to the retailers who have to foot the bill for the lights.

Like the French tree as mentioned above;)

Back