Christmas Holidays 23rd Dec to 6th Jan where people would reccomend?

envelope

Want to go away for christmas appprox 23rd of december to 6th january.

Just wondering where people would reccomend , preferably warm (doesnt have to be scorching) , something to see not just apartment block, and a bit of a nite life, if alls thats not too much too ask. i am prepared to pay around €1000 for flights.
was looking at koh samui or somewhere like that.
had a look on ebookers and gohop, anyone know any other good places or agencys to call?

Re: Christmas Holidays

www.clubtravel.ie look pretty good, went to SA through www.slatterys.com might be worth a look. Also usit do have good deals on flights, not sure of their terms though. Lucky you, wish I was going somewhere for xmas. Roll on SSIA!

Re: Christmas Holidays

Envelope ,

I'm back about 5 weeks after 4 months travel round SE Asia , having been to Samui I personally wont be back in a hurry, think Santa Ponsa , you get the idea. Ko Tao would be a good bet , less developed but if you dont scuba dive you'll kinda feel left out methinks
If Thailand is where you really wanna go and dont wanna do the apartment watching avoid Phuket also unless you use it as a base for getting to Ko Phi Phi and other islands , Chaing Mai i can also reccommend as well as the famed Golden Triangle area ( Burma,Thailand ,Laos border)
Have you thought of Belize? Was there a year ago , Caye Caulker , Orange walk , Ambrigis (spelling?) caye , all tropical beaches , white sand and NO high rise apartments , very laid back & Caribbean.
As far as i know BA are starting direct flights from Heathrow to Belize as soon as they finish building the airport in Belmoplan, scheduled for shortly before Christmas this year.
Costa Rica , both coasts , flights from Madrid , Ibearian airways.

I wanna go away now too !!

Enjoy whereever you go.

Hi

I highly recommend Cape Town for that time of year. Amazing beaches, sea, food, wine and a good feastive season atmosphere!

Flights can be expensive as that is when every South African living in Europe tries to get home. But, worth the effort.

Slattery's fly direct. Otherwise, Air France or KLM seem to be the cheapest. BA,SAA and Virgin Atlantic also do flights, but generally VERY expensive.

While you are down there you must do a safari to truely experience Africa. I suggest www.sunsafaris.com . It is run by a South African that lived in Dublin for 5 years so he understands Irish tastes.

Enjoy

If you go to Asia, can recommend Koh Chang, on the right hand side of the gulf. Not over developed, small island, get flight from Bangkok to Trat and then a ferry over. You could do a few day sin Bangkok, then on there for a week or so. Have a look at www.platinumtravel.ie to price flights, run by friends of mine, not affilitated with one agent so gives you a good idea of whats out there. I'm thinking of going back this year, have checked flights, around Eur700 return to Bangkok at that time of year.

Back