Christmas gift for 90 year old

shesells

Yet another thread seeking gift suggestions. This is the only gift between me and freedom from shopping, everything else is bought. 90 year old female, grandmother type. Has own boutique (still!) so clothes type stuff not a runner.

Any ideas?

A framed copy of the first page of the local newspaper from the day she was born?

If she has her own clothes shop, presumably she is interested in her appearance. Would a gift voucher for a beauty salon be an idea? Gave this before to someone elderly who was delighted with it.

Thanks for all the replies.

Budget is about €50. She's a very private lady so I don't think the salon thing is a runner and definitely not the paper (she tries to keep her age a secret). Any suggestions as to what perfume a 90 year old would wear?

Thanks for all the replies.

Budget is about €50. She's a very private lady so I don't think the salon thing is a runner and definitely not the paper (she tries to keep her age a secret). Any suggestions as to what perfume a 90 year old would wear?

Would suggest something classic like chanel no.5 or chance by chanel? -

ditto - exactly what I was going to suggest - she sounds like a Chanel type of lady. Both No 5 and Chance are lovely, but I don't like Allure. Another nice perfume (IMO) would be Ralph Lauren Romance.

Definitely Chanel no.5. My boyfriends mother is 70 and its her favourite perfume and I think that it always looks like a nice gift when giving it iykwim.

My gran's in her 90's and wears 4711 i spent ages trying to find it one year eventually found it in Boots. They also do soaps and perfume sticks as well so you don't necessarily have to get the perfume!

Back