Christmas Bonus ?

We give everyone two bottles of wine a Christmas and have a raffle with 5 cash prizes ranging from €500 to €200. We also pay for the Christmas party where there is another €3000 worth of spot prizes (and three free drinks per person).

I don't think I'll be getting any christmas bonus but I'm doing ok out of my two jobs (one PAYE, one contract). One is doing dinner, drinks and hotel overnight, the other is paying for all drinks at our christmas party in a local pub. Dinner was originally planned for this second one but put on the back burner til January for a variety of reasons.

In the current financial clime I'm more than happy with that.

I'd fall off my chair if either of them gave me a bonus......but I'd get up pretty quickly to go spend it

We give everyone two bottles of wine a Christmas and have a raffle with 5 cash prizes ranging from €500 to €200. We also pay for the Christmas party where there is another €3000 worth of spot prizes (and three free drinks per person).
Great - where can I claim mine? Of do you mean everyone who you employ?

Originally Posted by Purple View Post
We give everyone two bottles of wine a Christmas and have a raffle with 5 cash prizes ranging from €500 to €200.

Great - where can I claim mine? Of do you mean everyone who you employ?

Yehay, thanks Purple ! I'll have one red and one white wine, thanks

Non financial but private sector. No Christmas bonus, we never get them. I can't complain too much though as I got the max bonus during the summer and an above inflation pay increase. Revenues are way down this year so expecting that it will be a stingy bonus and below inflation pay increase next year.

lower paid staff, often those who get paid weekly or bi-weekly
What snobbery....fortnightly pay is not at all unusual in many companies and is not related to salary level.

Sure!
Now all I need is your credit card details to cover the P&P and you will have your free gifts in no time.

Typical private sector attitude! The public sector would never demand that we pay for our presents.

lower paid staff, often those who get paid weekly or bi-weekly

What snobbery....fortnightly pay is not at all unusual in many companies and is not related to salary level.
What easily risen indignation....I'm paid weekly at the moment as it happens, not unusual in contracting. And personally I could care less about calling a pay cheque a wage or salary, my point is from a practical point of view some employers can double a weekly wage for Christmas and employees can and sometimes do expect it, if it's a monthly cheque chances are high they won't turn it into a 5 week month or whatever.

(Some companies who do pay annual performance related bonuses will pay in December, but that's not not really a Christmas bonus)