Christmas - Bah!

jasconius

Sur la continent , the dreaded word is not seen or heard until December. Here in this country the shops are already full of it - people even seem to be buying stuff - and barely have the last rays of summer left us.

Shurely something wrong here!
What are the chances of putting emergency legislation through Leinster House this week in an effort to banish the C word for a couple of months at least?

well, I don't know about that, seeing I start buying Xmas prezzies from about July onwards. It spreads the cost, and as I sometimes double buy (having forgotten that I've already got something for a person), I end up with some spare presents for surprise visitors/people who bought me something that I wasn't expecting. So that is sensible.
Still, when I see that Penny's Christmas shop is open I do despair.

I made my Christmas present list over a month ago but I've decided to wait until at least October before buying anything.

I LOVE Christmas but wait for the present buying until at least December. will be going to Boston this year on the 4th of December and hope to buy some presents there!
Now that I have 2 kids i LOVE Christmas even more....love getting presents myself for all occasions so maybe I just havn't grown up?!

Like all (good) men I leave everything until Christmas Eve and then run around town like a lunatic panic buying ridiculous things for friends and family!

I was in one of those Euro shops over the weekend and happened across foil wine gift bags. I bought a dozen.

All I have to do now is wait for a good deal on the wine and that's most of the presents looked after. I put plenty of thought into the whole present thing. Also solves the problem that Gordanus was talking about.

For the kids, I'll let the boss look after that. As I'm often told "You havn't got a clue"

Murt

Aldi in Maynooth have christmas cake and puddings on sale this week. Their traditional iced cake has a best before date Jan 06 but they have scrumptious cake slices that only last till 13 Nov. 05.
Why wait?

Was in the Waterford Crystal Gift Shop at the weekend.
Decorated Christmas Tree's on display and Silent Night playing softly in the background.

That said I couldn't help smiling every time I passed "Roberts Christmas Wonderland" in Florida. A huge department store selling everything Christmas related you could possibly want. And it's open all year around.

-Rd

Strange about those shops in Edinburgh - thought they didn't bother with Christmas too much, and waited instead for Hogmanay!

Ok, couldn't wait until October so I started my Christmas shopping yesterday. I've only ordered two gifts online so I'm not too bad!!

Back