christining times

brian

Hi all,

I have to organise a christining during the next 2-4 months.
In order to keep as many of the extended familiy as happy as possible it would be great if we could get a christining on the weekend late afternoonish in the d1,d2,d3,d5,d7 or d9 areas. Does anyone know any churches that will do a christining at these times, will you have to be from their parish?

thanks,

brian.

My brother had his kid christened on a Sunday afternoon in Aughrim Street, D7. My sister had one of her kids christened on Saturday or Sunday afternoon in St. Nicholas of Myra church in Francis Street, D8 (?) if that's any use. I thought that children were supposed to be christened in their parish church though?

ClubMan said:
I thought that children were supposed to be christened in their parish church though?

I agree, Clubman.

The idea of a christening is to welcome the child to the Christian world, not to fit in with plans for the extended family. When our son was christened last year, my aunt (who I really wanted to be there) was unable to attend due to a prior engagement. There was no question of trying to move the christening. We just went ahead anyway.

Joe1234 said:
The idea of a christening is to welcome the child to the Christian world
Actually, I thought that Christians believed it to be necessary in order to "cleanse them of original sin"?

Back