Christening Gifts

Wondering about this also, in case of a grand-niece ( new baby of niece ) what would people think appropriate money wise ?

Personally, I got more money than anything as when the child is born the amount of clothes and feet / hand molding gifts he got was ridiculous.
I opened a savings account and put it all in there as well as anything he gets for birthdays and Christmas.

Who decides what is "acceptable" in such circumstances?

Give whatever you can reasonably afford and think is reasonable. Don't kowtow to ridiculous etiquette in such matters. Jeez....

I always thought giving money for a christening/birth was a big no no, other than the traditional silver in the pram. Sad it has evolved to €50 in an envelope!

What about a nice little photo frame where they can put her christening photo into.

Was at my nephew's christening last weekend among the presents were money, a lovely noahs ark wooden boat (fairtrade) and a silver spoon from a jewellers with those history of ireland symbol on it and it was engraved. Unless you are a godparent I would go for something practical

Back