Chorus/NTL Installation

oblib

Tried to get Chorus/NTL on our last move about a year ago but only my wife was able ton be at home for the installation appt. and the guy gave her some rubbish that it wasn't possible without taking up the floor boards in our hallway -- not sure I beleive it as he called at 10 mins to 5pm and probably just wanted to finish up for the day.

The layout is pretty standard housing estate house - although the floors throughout the hall and sitting room may not be original. Eircom phone-point in the hall and Sky satellite hooked up via cable running down front of house and through hole in front wall to TV point.

So really - my question is: where does the Chorus/NTL broadband/tv/phone typically cable enter the house? What does it resemble - a TV point I'm guessing. I can handle all the technical stuff later (network setup etc) all I need is someone reliable to pipe the signal into the house.

Oh - located in Cork in relatively built-up suburb.

Thanks!

Whats the duct? I'm not too familiar with these things but what does Chorus have that even approaches the house? What is stopping them from bringing the signal straight into the sitting room throught the hole the sky cable used to go through?

Back