Chorus NTL Charges

susie1

chorus and ntl have now merged together, i remember a while back that ntl were charging an additional fee for non direct debit customers.

i've tried getting them on the phone - still on hold 30 min later and the web site t/c won't load up.

however, i received my new bill from chorus today, its broken down as follows:

20/10/07-13/11/07 €18.98 plus Vat = €22.97 (Part month charge??)
14/11/07-13/12/07 €23.54 plus Vat = €28.48 (I was only ever signed up to the basic service, this seems to be the next one up)
There is also a €2 fee for not having DD

I didn't recieve any correspondance from chorus stating they were going to charge this fee - are they allowed to do this without my consent and do i have to pay it?

I do think they are wasters so maybe this is the right time to switch to Sky (don't mind paying them more - better service)

any input would be great...i think i'll have to hang up the phone cos it don't seem like they're gonna answer :(

I've had to ring them recently, and it took me over 10 phone calls to get the issue sorted out. I found the best time to ring is weekdays in the morning at about 09:30.

I called SKY at one stage, and they would have been twice as expensive as NTL (we've 3 NTL boxes), and they wouldn't give any discount to me as a (potential) new customer ... remember you may have the same hassle with Sky getting installation etc. done.

If you are having trouble with them, its useful to ask to speak to a supervisor, or get the operator to refer your case to a supervisor. And always take a note of the operators name, and their supervisors name ... once I started doing this, I found that they phoned me back when promised, and their "customer care" improved dramatically!

Back