Chorus Multi Room for the technically challenged (i.e. me)

hamstring

I have a chorus box in my sitting room receiving 50 odd channels and Sky Sports. I recently got the house re-wired and put a tv into my bedroom also which for some reason can pick up all the home channels plus Sky One, Sky News, E4 and 2 or 3 others.

I know I can get another chorus box for the bedroom but I presume Chorus will bill me monthly for this service.

Is there any other way of getting all the channels to transmit upstairs as well as downstairs. Also, is there a way of doing it so that different channels can be viewed in both rooms?

I'm guessing this will have been discussed somewhere on AAM already but as I am a technophobe I wouldn't even know what to look for :eek: but if anyone can point me to the right threads that would be great....

hi Hamstring

We got a wireless digi sender in ALDI before christmas for about €40 or €50. It enables us to have our chorus digital upstairs in the bedroom. You can even use the digital box remote control upstairs.
However all it does is transmit the signal from downstairs so you see the channel that the digital box is currently set to.
But when we got digital they left the basic cable service on too so we could watch cable downstairs and digital upstairs. So if you still have your cable what you can't do is watch 2 different channels that are only available on digital, i.e. no prob watching Sky Sports in one room and channel 4 in the other, but you couldn't do Sky Sports in one and say Trouble in the other.

Trish

i was just onto chorus. to get another box in anther room its 50euro installation fee and 7.50 a month after - not bad. just wondering if either of you have had and problems with the packing you have with chorus?

Back