Chorus Digital

R

rant365

This has probably been asked before but have just got Chorus Digital installed in house. Was looking at the possibility of getting anolog service into another room from main feed into house however when i switch back to normal channels on TV (connect coax cable from digital box to tv out) and perform a search the only 2 channels that tune in our BBC1 and UTV. Why would I be limited to 2 channels which seem to be running on anolog service. Tried another TV and same again - just 2 channels.

where are u and what did u get before chorus? the new chorus box has no rf out loop, it only works through the scart lead.

The fact u get bbc utv intrigues me.

say a bit more

eb--

Hi. 2nd hand house in kildare which did not have previous service. I am using scart lead to get basic digital package from Chorus box which is fine.

Box does have a rf out loop which I connected to rf on TV. Then when I switch off chorus box and get back to analogue service only 2 channels are picked up. Strange I know

What I wanted to do is get some sort of service analogue wise to other location in house. TV points are in 3 locations in house when house was built however I can't seem to use as main feed into house has digital service. Was looking to put splitter on rf out and run dirty cable around house to get anaolgue. Otherwise will look to get in wirelsess digital hub. Would this also work

To get all non national(RTE1, 2, TV3, TG4) from either Chorus Digital or Analog i thought you always needed a decoding box...
Bear in mind, that in Cork anyway, Chrous sometimes decide to send a channel unscrambeled down the line. For example, my parents have had the Chorus black box for many years. The chorus cabl is looped around to other rooms in the house to give the 4 irish guys as they must be in the clear on cable me thinks. However, sometimes, a BBC channel can be tuned in on the kitchen telly, or mayb Sky 1 etc etc. Its like Chorus are trying to tempt old customers who say have it tuned in for a few weeks to say, era, we're missing out ona lot, lets subscriber again...

Re: ..

Thats just it I can't get the 4 irish guys on analogue just bbc1 and utv. These have remained static over the last few weeks. No additions can be searched for.

My sister has Chorus digital. They split the feed from the input co-ax (before the decoder) and get a perfect analogue signal with the normal 15 channels.

Tip: Do it yourself as Chorus charge €4/€6 p.m. for an extra outlet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My sister has Chorus digital. They split the feed from the input co-ax (before the decoder) and get a perfect analogue signal with the normal 15 channels.

Tip: Do it yourself as Chorus charge €4/€6 p.m. for an extra outlet.

How exactly does your sister split the feed for the channels?? I pay €6 a month to have them in the bedroom but would love to know how to do it for free as I want them on another TV in the house also.

Back