Chorus digital sender

selfbuild

Hi all,
I have subscribed to Chorus digital, which is coming into my sitting room(downstairs). I want to be able to set up a TV in the bedroom (upstairs) which recieves the Chorus digital signal. A friend was telling me that I could get some kind of digital sender which would send the signal from the main tv in the sitting room to the one in the bedroom.

anyone got any advice how I can go about doing this?

thanks
sb

best option first is to do it via cable if you have an existing cable between the two rooms. Failing that, a video sender like this [broken link removed]

You can also get them locally, in maplin, or I saw similar ones in 4home superstore in middleton today
wexfordman

We picked one up in ALDI last year for about €50. Note though that you're just sending the same signal, i.e. the same thing is on both tvs, if someone changes the channel/volume, etc. it's changed on both. But you can bring your remote upstairs too and the quality wasn't too bad.

i have a related query. basically i'd like to move the tv to another part of the living room, however this basically means i'll need to have about 25 foot of cable going around the walls (weird shaped room) and having to attach it to the skirting board every couple of feet and someone told me the picture quality would suffer as perhaps i would need a few different cables attached to each other.
a) will picture suffer if having to use a number of cables?
b) would i be able to get a 25' cable?
c) would i be better off getting this sender?
am useless/lazy at diy, it's a rented apartment so c looks best but will it work?

would ntl put in a separate connection on the other side of the room? would that help? it would be on an outside wall, presuming though it would be rather more expensive?

To be honest, if its in the same room, I would just run the coax. Quality wont be a problem, and no reason why one length of cable would not do.

Back