Choosing songs to go on iPod shuffle

orka

I have an iPod mini and I'm thinking of getting the smaller size iPod shuffle which won't hold all the songs in my iTunes library. Can I choose just a small number of songs at a time to put on the shuffle or is it just random? Won't bother buying if I can't choose what goes on or I'll end up with all my son's Metallica instead of my 1980s cheese. Thanks.

Hi,

With the iPod shuffle... the songs will only play in the order in which they are put on the shuffle from the likes of itunes. the only other option is the shuffle switch which is totally random. There is also no screen either. Have you though about the iPod Nano ?

With the size of the new Nano, and with it's functionability, I can't see why you'd want a Shuffle. You can creat a file for the shuffle so you can select the songs you want downloaded to the shuffle. However as the name suggests, it decides on the order itself

I like the randomness of my iPod Shuffle. Whenever I use a regular iPod, even on shuffle mode, I end up looking at the screen and changing my mind about what's playing. I change the songs on the shuffle about once or twice a week so I don't get bored.