Choosing ARF provider

KOW

My pension is a DC company scheme with fund held with New Ireland. In a little over two years my game is up. I will be going down the ARF route. While my understanding is that I can choose who provides the ARF. What are peoples experience in this area. Is a better deal available if I shop around for provider or is it better and cheaper to stay put. Apart from set up-ongoing costs am I limiting myself regarding diversification. Thoughts appreciated.

It would be best to shop around.

You should also do some work yourself in terms of trying to understand what you need your ARF to deliver.

@KOW

You won't really know if there's a better deal available until such time as the holding company/intermediary lay their cards on the table and disclose what their proposition is in terms of charges and funds available.

Plenty of time to do that a couple of weeks before the pension matures, when you know what's on offer.

Gerard

www.prsa.ie

Definitely shop around. Speak with a few advisors if you can, get a feel for who will manage this for you best. There is still a lot of decisions and options available to you now. - for example can you make further payments in a tax efficient way.

Something to also consider is you say you are going down the ARF route and you are retiring in 2 years.
Is that at the age of 65.... if so also consider the state pension is 66.
Depending on circumstances you may have to purchase a AMRF which is €63,500 unless you have a guaranteed income of €12,700 pa.

You should also maybe look into your PRSI contributions for your state pension to make sure you are on track to receive the full pension and if not you may be able to purchase missing years to bring you up to full level.

There is certainly no harm in speaking with a Financial Advisor now. It is important that you have an understanding and plan for YOUR retirement.

Thanks
David K

Thanks folks. Regarding getting set up for retirement I do understand all assets/income need to be taken into consideration. My preference regarding same is to pay up front for advise and the set up of investments etc. I suppose I will have to wait and see what charges are offered to me by New Ireland when my time comes and see if the charges and investments offered fit into the bigger equation. Cheers

Back