Choosing Aer Lingus Seats to NY

tinal

Hi All

I have booked flights for 4 of us to NY. I now want to book the seats in advance. Having never gone to NY before, which are the best seats to choose - the 4 together in the middle or 2 on one side and 2 in the middle across the aisle?

Not a big deal I know but I would like to be as comfy as possible for the flight.

Many thanks

t

flew with aer lingus to ny in november, i would recommend you book 2 sets of 2s, one in front of the other, i did this , my sister and i sat side by side and my mother and other sister sat in front of us side by side.

the otheres in our party all sat in the row of four, but when they needed the loo they had to wake at most two people to get out.

as we were at the side it was very comfortable and we didnt have the air hotesses hitting us every so often with a trolley.

thats my tuppence worth anyway

I'd agree with liketoknow, the two seat sets is the best way to go, you each have a little more room to manoeuvre and you each have an arm rest to yourselves. Other than that have a look on www.seatguru.com for rows to avoid. One thing, if any of your party is tall they will appreciate (and whoever sits beside them will appreciate) the extra legroom at the exit seats (Not especially tall but even I can find my knees knocking the seat in front if I have put anything in the seat pocket). SeatGuru will tell you which seats are at an exit.

SoCrates, as a tall person am always very happy to get the exit row seats .... until b$ggers like Aer Lingus start putting a premium charge on the xtra space ... and leaving them empty if no-one pays for them Grrrrrr

the best seats are the middle row beside the exit in case the plane goes down - u want to be first out

the best seats are the middle row beside the exit in case the plane goes down - u want to be first out

I agree you have a lot more room as well - now you're bag has to be put away but these is always my preferred seat if I can choose.

I don't agree on the wanting to be first out though:eek:

u wud want to be first out if the plane landed and u were lucky enough to survive - why wud u want to remain in the plane for the ensuing fire

Don't sit in the middle seats. It will be far more comfortable getting two rows of seats in the side aisles

Don't sit in the middle seats. It will be far more comfortable getting two rows of seats in the side aisles

The seats I mean are the exit door half way down the plane. I do prefer aisle seats as I don't like flying.

I love being off the plane first - in fact I wish everyone would wait until I've left the plane:D

I don't want to be off the plane first if it was in the middle of the sea.

just get first class tickets

just to be picky but Aer Lingus don't do first class :) it is "Premier".

I am open to correction on this but I seem to recall that the additional charge for seats with leg-room applies only on European routes?

Oh and doogo, just do what I do, sit in the empty seats!! Especially for long haul if one is free with a spare seat beside it I will always move myself :)

Back