chocolate chips?

mikeyny

where can i get chocolate chips(semisweet ) in larger qualtities than 100 grammes
i need a few kilos for mrs mikeyny , also need almonds .
the price in tesco is 18.90 per kilo and i will have to get 20 100 gramme bags at that rate .
Just moved from the US and a 20oz bag is $5.99 , i am thinking of getting them shipped over or someone i know will be travelling this way soon , but it would be better if i could get them here

Anyone know an online store here that sells them ?

thanks
mikeyny

Do you know anyone that has an account in a local cash & carry? They will have bulk bags of choc chips and almonds for chefs/hotels etc. but you can't just walk in off the street unfortunately.

Holland and Barrett (Graftton St and Stephens Green) do good deals on big bags of nuts and fruit - may even do chocolate chips - but i doubt it. Just a place to keep an eye out for the 1/2 price specials

mobileme said:
Do you know anyone that has an account in a local cash & carry? They will have bulk bags of choc chips and almonds for chefs/hotels etc. but you can't just walk in off the street unfortunately.

Musgraves definitely do them but as said above you would need to know someone with an account

thanks for all of the replys , we will see if anyone has a card for the cash and carry , if not will continue on withthe search .
it would almost be easier to go to the US than to get to Dubiln or will find someone coming here , we know two people already who will be coming this way soon and it might work out that way