Chipped Silver fridge

wishbone

Hi there, we have two kids 4.5 and 2 yo who enjoy running riot around the kitchen. We have a lovely silver fridge (Zanussi Rondo) which bought years ago and we love - nice and big and roomy etc. But the problem is me playing hockey - the kids love watching, and of course imitating, so every toy is now a hockey stick and every ball...obviously a hockey ball. I do steer them away from the fridge but we have inevitably got a few nicks on it, very minor. Also we had a high stool at the side of it and it has been pushed against it numerous times, also causing minor nicks all in a neat line. 1st course of action was of course to move the stool but are there any suggestions as to what to do with existing nicks? They're not very obvious nicks, but if there was a miracle cream that would help that I don't know about I'd certainly invest in it - and then lock the kids outside.

If calls to Zanussi don't work out, what about trying T-cut for taking minor nicks and scratches out of car paint-work? You can get stuff for metallic finishes, T-Cut Colour Restorer, AFAIK or some of the little paint-pencil kits for filling in slightly deeper marks that have removed the paint. The biggest problem is going to be getting a decent match if you go the paint route.

Back