chinese takeaways in Greenhills/ Walkinstown

rowhite

Moving into the Greenhills/ Walkinstown area soon any recommendations re decent chinese or thai takeaways within the general area

'the roundabout' chinese on walkinstown roundabout is lovely, just beside the cherry tree

The Regent Palace opposite Superquinn in Walkinstown is also very good

Slightly outside the area, but Zens in Rathmines does the best Chinese food in Dublin.

I'm from that area and although I'm not a fan of Irish Chinese takeaways in general, the sister swears by the Regent Palace - she has even driven there from my new home on DNS to get a curry chip!!
On a related topic - why is Irish/Chinese food so bad? In comparison to, say, the takeaways and restaurants in the States? Lovely fresh food and sauces, in comparision to the mostly gloopy mush you get there - and I'd love to be corrected on this!

I'm from that area and although I'm not a fan of Irish Chinese takeaways in general, the sister swears by the Regent Palace - she has even driven there from my new home on DNS to get a curry chip!!
On a related topic - why is Irish/Chinese food so bad? In comparison to, say, the takeaways and restaurants in the States? Lovely fresh food and sauces, in comparision to the mostly gloopy mush you get there - and I'd love to be corrected on this!
I have to agree with you. Apart from a few specific places, I never get Chinese takeaways. Whether you order satay, black bean, garlic sauce whatever, they all taste the same to me. I'm convinced they use the same basic sauce and just throw in peppers, garlic whatever to fit the different dishes.

I have to agree with you. Apart from a few specific places, I never get Chinese takeaways. Whether you order satay, black bean, garlic sauce whatever, they all taste the same to me. I'm convinced they use the same basic sauce and just throw in peppers, garlic whatever to fit the different dishes.

Is it through overuse of MSG?

North Park in Kingswood is good too.

Back