Chinese Slates?

valentine

Looking at these at the moment and would love to have them put down in utility and bathroom areas. Know that they need to be sealed and are more often seen outdoors than indoors. Anyone have them indoors??? How do you find them???

We have them in hall, kitchen (fairly large area) and although they look good they are a bit of a nightmare to keep clean etc... Every year they need to be sealed but it doesnt take long before the sheen fades, mainly in the most used areas. Both myself and the other half agree if we had to do it again we wouldn't put them down. Hope this helps.

Hi Valentine,

A friend told me his sister put them down despite his warnings that they are high maintenance. AFAIK she regrets ignoring his warning.

Best sealer on the market is called 'Epimac' and can be bought from Shanahans Paints in Ennis. Got it myself to seal a large stone floor and it has lasted wonderfully. Bit dearer than using ordinary floor varnish but definitely worth it.

Hi

I have them in the hall thru to the kitchen. They look great indoors . There are not really suitable for the kitchen as grease marks them. The hall tiles have never been resealed and still look great after 9 years. The kitchen is a different story. Around the dishwasher there are marks that wont come up, no matter what product i use.

If i was getting them again, I would spend a lot more time sealing them after they were laid.

Thanks for all the replies and tips on the sealer especially as I think we will go ahead with them but not in our kitchen!