Chinese Roewe550 (Rover)

levelpar

Anyone know if the Roewe 550 will be availabe in Ireland and if so, when ?. I had a Rover 45 and always like the style .

Keep your eye on this website for info on Roewe:

http://www.austin-rover.co.uk/

Marvellous site - great for a trip down memory lane and a real resource of extensive (useless but great) info on ARG, BL, BLMC and the companies that went to create them going back more than 50 years.

Anyone know if the Roewe 550 will be availabe in Ireland and if so, when ?. I had a Rover 45 and always like the style .

Have a read of this http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/220614/beijing_motor_show.html

Looks like there will be a British built version at Longbridge, a Focus sized motor. I would guess that when the Chinese move on the European market it will be similar to the effect that Skoda had, initially reliable cars that are now as well built but better value than the rest in the VAG group.

Looks like there will be a British built version at Longbridge, a Focus sized motor. I would guess that when the Chinese move on the European market it will be similar to the effect that Skoda had, initially reliable cars that are now as well built but better value than the rest in the VAG group.
Hold out for a Chinese built one; it will be better quality :D

Have a read of this http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/220614/beijing_motor_show.html

I think it will be more like the Korean experience. Initially cheap cars with poor build quality and ok reliability gradually improving over time.

Why would you waste money on one of them? Rover were pretty poor at the best anyway!!

Why would you waste money on one of them? Rover were pretty poor at the best anyway

While I don't accept that Rover were poor all those years ago, It will not be the old "I'm alright Jack" brigade running the show but will be the new emerging economic power of the future,ie the Chinese. I reckon they will leave the Germans in the shade as far as cars are concerned

How can you not accept that Rover were not a poor production all those years age. We had a fleet of Rover company cars some years ago and buying them was one of the worst company decisions of the last 10 years.

We went against all the bad press the company had and everyones recommendation and suffered because of it.

Do some research and see if you still disagree!!

While I don't accept that Rover were poor all those years ago, It will not be the old "I'm alright Jack" brigade running the show but will be the new emerging economic power of the future,ie the Chinese. I reckon they will leave the Germans in the shade as far as cars are concerned
When Germany was a totalitarian police state it also made big strides in engineering...
Thankfully things have changed but they still manage to make a few good cars.:rolleyes:

Bought a 2001 rover 75 Diesel in Jan 05 with 100000miles on it drove it for a year, my brother has it now and has over 150K on it. Had very little trouble with it. Not all Rovers are bad!!!!

Back