Chinese Restaurant - Southside

Good World and The Imperial have been recommended to me by chinese people......always a god sign.....Kytes is fantastic. As for a cheap and cheerful take away there is one on Baggot St I used to love...can't rem the name but its across from Tescos....

The Castle in Dalkey is my fav (and I have been to a good few in the area!) Staff are very friendly and the food is amazing! Graces Garden Shankill do a good early bird mid week approx €15 for 3 course - but the main waiter can be very rude so its a bit of a put off! Food is nice though.

CCOVICH said:
Chai Yo on Baggot St. (opposite BoI) is excellent.

Have been to Wongs in Clontarf, and it was good alright.

I also like the Chinese over Crowes in Ballsbridge-used to be Teppan-but they've changed the name (and possibly the menu) recently.

Its called Chill Out Cafe, my partner actually did all the refurbishment in it at Christmas/New Year. Its very trendy inside but I haven't actually eaten in it yet. Menu looks quite expensive but I am hoping to try it out soon. My partner's eaten in it though and thought it was great.

We were in there a few weeks back, Really really good food and decent service.( though it was early on a Sunday evening and there were only 2 or 3 other tables so how it would stand the test of a busy night I don't know) I suppose it was quite expensive, I think we paid around 75euro for 3, 2 course meals, no alcohol just water and coffees.

Bit of a hike to the loo especially if you are on the first level mind!

Who owns chill out cafe? Very un chinese name for a chinese restaurant...sounds more like a chain.

Sunster said:
Who owns chill out cafe? Very un chinese name for a chinese restaurant...sounds more like a chain.

There's is a few owners involved as far as I know, and they are all Chinese. Thought that about the name myself though when I first heard it.

You cannot beat the empress in monkstown and although i havent been yet i hear the sechuan (spelling?) in stillorgan is near famous for good food

runner said:
Agreed the best ones in town are Imperial and Good World. Went to th re-opened Kingsland a few weeks ago and it was crap.

It was crap before in closed down.

There's a place on Moore Street which is supposed to be very good. Near Lidl. I don't think it has a name.

europhile said:
There's a place on Moore Street which is supposed to be very good. Near Lidl. I don't think it has a name.

There are a good few chinese restaurants on Moore street and Parnell St, not for the faint of heart (dingy and questionable hygiene) but very good - one of them (upstairs) does hot pot which is great fun.

edit: they are very very cheap!

Like previous posters a while back - Sichuan in Stillorgan is the best I've been in Southside. In fact it's really the only one I would think of going to southside. Their food is really fresh - sizzling dishes are my favourite and the meat they use is quality.

There's always a great atmosphere as it's really busy all the time. You do have to book a week or two in advance but it's worth it.

In town, the Good World and the New Millenium are pretty much the pick of them and are alright but neither are a patch on Sichuan.

Thats called Tin Tin

CN624 said:
Has anyone tried Zen in Rathmines?

Yes, and I loved it. Really, really good food, and cooked without all those nasty sauces you see in so many places - probably more authentic.
They do a take away also...which is very good