Chinese company posing as uk running shoe etailer

boardtc

I purchased a pair of running shoes on 20 Oct 18 in desperation having found got a hole in my current ones and having a race upcoming, I was excited to have found the exact shoe - Saucony Omni 15. I did not think anything of it, it was a uk site. The next day I went to check as I had got no email and found a Chinese number on the contact page - this has since been taken down.

5 days later I got an email saying it was shipped with an email address and phone number. The shipment arrived 1 week later on 2 Nov 18 and it was the wrong shoe, they sent a Saucony Jazz, which is not even a running shoe. They also came unboxed.

Since then there has been no reply no my emails on their contact page or to the service email above. I have not yet tried to ring them.

What do you suggest?

One of the drawbacks of buying goods unsighted off the internet!

If you haven't come across sportsshoes.com (UK based) you should give them a try. Although I do try support local I have bought most of my running kit from them over the past 6 years. I often get 2 pairs of runners for the cost of a single pair you could pick up in Elverys etc. :)

If you paid by credit card, lodge a claim with them. PayPal may also refund you if they fine in your favour, but only if the vendor still has funds in their PayPal account. If they have pulled the website, it's likely they'll have taken the money and run at this stage.

Otherwise, you're at nothing chasing this as you'll never be able to trace them.

I'd suggest writing a public tweet on Twitter and Facebook. I'd personally wouldn't use my own name on the Twitter account but this may be a little bit more difficult for Facebook. I've heard anecdotally that public complaints can work quite well for companies with an Internet presence.

I'd suggest writing a public tweet on Twitter and Facebook. I'd personally wouldn't use my own name on the Twitter account but this may be a little bit more difficult for Facebook. I've heard anecdotally that public complaints can work quite well for companies with an Internet presence.

These companies pop up and disappear overnight, trying to shame them online will have little impact.

Thanks for the replies. I since got a reply from them on a personal gmail. The person does not have great English and offered a 15% refund asking me to keep/sell the shoes saying that they would get caught for customs if I returned them. I said I did not want to go to the trouble of selling shoes and I wanted what I paid for. The last email, they are not budging and offered a 30% refund. Looking at ebay I would still barely cover costs :-( What a pain.

Contact your credit card provider and pout a stop on the payment. They will request it in writing but they can stop the payment. You just say you didn't get the item you ordered. If you have paypal then stop that way.

Back