China In December

madmoe

Hi all,
Seriously thinking about China in late December early Jan for about 3 weeks. Going over with Chinese mate and staying with her for first few days in her city. She reckons you can go to a travel agent over there and for €400 -€500 get a multi city trip which include flights, accommodation etc. I would LOVE to do this but am wondering has anyone else done this on here? How many days did you go for? Which cities are the best to go to? How long should one stay in each city? Any info you have on this would be very much appreciated.

I have asked my mate but she says it is best to book it over there to get the best deals. Would like to try and get a bot more info. before booking flight.

Thanx,
M

I would not go in December as weather not very good in most places. Shanghai would have similar weather to ours and if snow is your thing - there might be some in Beijing.

Best time for most of China is arguably May and October.

Hong Kong over Christmas and New Year? I'd definitely do that - if fun and glitzy is your thing.

Thanx for that. I am going with a mate, she is going back fro Xmas so this is the only time of year I can go really. Hoing Kong for new year sounds deadly. Am gonna do a 10 -12 trip around the main cities, will try and hit Hink Kong for around new year.