children's birthday parties

lluvia

My daughter's birthday falls on same day as one of her class mates. Wanted to know peoples opinions on having their kids going to 2 parties on the same weekend. Will you allow them to go to both or make them choose??

This is probably going to be an annual problem for the classmates involved so from the start why not have a joint party with other birthday girl or boy involved. Alternate the location each year maybe.
My nieces seem to be going to parties every weekend, they have a much more active social life than me.

They don't get on very well with each other...so far this hadn't been a problem as this girls birthday is a few days before mine one and they had the parties on different weekends but this year they are both on the same week and we had planned to have my daughters birthday on this weekend. Today I found out that the other girls party is going to be on the same day. So we were thinking on having it the day after but we are not sure if other parents will let their kids come..

send your invites out extra early :) then they will have to say they were invited by you first

I would let my son go to 2 parties on the same day if he was invited. It wouldn't bother me.
Isn't the whole kids parties thing a minefield!!!!

If you had it the weekend before the planned one the chances of everyone turning up would be greater than if you had it the day after you were planning it.
not everyone can afford the 2 presents needed so they might skip 1, with excuses and also they sort of wreck the weekend for everyone else because the whole weekend has to be planned around the 2 friends party !!

My boys best ever weekend involved 3 birthday parties.
First one at 11.30, then one at 1.30 and then last one at 4.30 he was asleep on the way home from the last one and didn't wake up till the next morning.

Simple solution have a birthday party on a different day.
Kids don't mind, all they want is the presents.

I'd be reluctant to have dd going to parties on Sat and Sun. No family or chill out time. She could choose which one she wanted to go to. Better off moving it to w/e before or after and just having a family tea party on birthday date.

Thanks for all the replays, we had already sent the invitations last friday as her birthday is on this saturday, but after talking to the other mum who has no intentions of changing her party even though she only gave out the invitations for their party yesterday, we decided to change ours to avoid conflicts... So we hope that other parents understand and will make a bit of an effort to go to both so no child feels left out... Personaly we always let our kids go to all the parties even if they are on the same weekend but we can understand that some parents might be reluctant to do so. With a bit of luck they'll all have a great weekend!

Back