Children or "Kids" ???

Swoon0

Hi,

We all know that "Kids" are baby goats, do you think we can turn back the clock and start calling our children children again !?? Or is it really too late.

Perhaps we should just change the definition of the word Kids !?

No. I never joke. Especially not when discussing a topic as important and serious as this one.

I know a lot of people who I would describe as goats. I guess they were kids when younger.

I think this is another Politically Correct issue which is taken to far, Irish People for a long time have used the word kids instead of children, no one gets hurt that is the most important thing, As Mo from the simpsons says " What about the Kids"

As Mo from the simpsons says " What about the Kids"
Actually the Simpsons are very politically correct because its "Will somebody pleeeze think of the children" and I believe its Mrs (rev) Lovejoy who you're quoting.

What about kids in the car on the strawberry alarm clock

If it was changed to "children in the car" that would just not work

dodo said:
I think this is another Politically Correct issue which is taken to far, Irish People for a long time have used the word kids instead of children, no one gets hurt that is the most important thing"

I totaly agree-I have always heard children being referred to as kids and just thought this was another word for children and was so suprised when I realized people were offended by this(I saw this happen once or twice on this site) but as mentioned above people for a long time have called children kids and I think the name is not meant in any to refer to them as baby goats. I saw it as a word with two seperate menaings.

I call my daughter my "little chicken". Am I a bad mother? As for kids - I think they're cute. That's the baby goats, by the way.

I've heard of Grannies being referred to as Nanny's - I supose it fits for a kid to have a Nanny goat also in the family.......

I go for the term brats quite a bit.

Berlin-you should have your KID taken into care for calling them 'little chicken'. Really ;) .

You silly Goose is a term used regularly in my house by parents and children alike.....hope my two are not traumatised into thinking they should have feathers....

Back