Childcare subsidy, what exactly is it?

Blackrock1

I read something about this in the irish times and then looked this up which lead me to here.

according to this thing, regardless of income i am entitled to 237 a week, which doesnt seem right, any ideas of what it is? are creches already claiming this on peoples behalf and deducting from fees?

I read something about this in the irish times and then looked this up which lead me to here.

according to this thing, regardless of income i am entitled to 237 a week, which doesnt seem right, any ideas of what it is? are creches already claiming this on peoples behalf and deducting from fees?

once applied for this comes off the creche fees directly. If you earn more than a certain amount you will only be entitled to claim the universal amount (which I think is about 50 cent per hour of child care up to a maximum of 40hours although I am not 100% sure)

for us it works out about 20 euro per week in a reduction (or 80 per month) which is deducted from our creche fees

I believe you also have The option of being income assessed to see if you qualify for more

Thanks i was putting our monthly income in as annual, hence the confusion :D

still better than a poke in the eye

Back