Child Maintenance to Non irish (rant)

AmoebaAsasin

Anybody getting fed up of our social welfare system
? Why are our taxes being raised so that Polish and other eastern europeans can afford to send money back to their home countries to pay off mortgages etc and I cant even affor to get a mortgage here! The system is so wrong - when is this going to change - we are a great country if you are not Irish!

Re: Child Maintenance to Non irish

Is there a question in here or is it just a rant? if so it should be taken to letting off steam.
child maintenance is for all workers and is not nationality based, they're paying their taxes so why shouldn't they get the benefits? the whole issue of whether child maintenance should be taxable is another kettle of fish.

This has been dealt with before on this site.
I always thought one had to have 50 posts before being allowed to post on letting off steam? Am I correct that you have 16 posts?

I don't think the OP will be allowed to access their own post (it was originally in another forum)

Besides, its been talked about before.

@ the OP: are you the same guy that wrote 'too many foreigners!' near the Killester dart station south-bound platform? Just curious.

Any benefits they are getting are the same as every other taxpayer in the countrty. Eastern Europeans are EU citizens and are perfectly entitled to live and work here in the same way that we're perfectly entitled to live and work in any other EU country. The fact that it is more expensive to buy a house here than in Poland is not the fault of migrant workers.

Child Maintenance is paid by parents, often on foot of a court order so the post makes no sense at all - unless of course the OP means to refer to Child Benefit?