Child Maintenance Arrears summons issued and subsequently paid by Debtor

Cashstrapped

Hope someone can shed some light on this for me. My ex was in default of a Maintenance Summons by a number of months and I applied for an Arrears Summons, did this myself as I cannot afford to retain a solicitor. We received a date for end of April and last week he paid all arrears due.

Anyone tell me what happens next, do I advise the court, do we both still need to attend on that date? Many thanks.

I'm not 100% but I think you inform the court clerk and if he keeps up to day there is not need to go to court.

You need to write to the court and tell them to vacate the hearing date as the arrears have been paid.

Thanks for the replies, however when I rang the court this morning the lady I spoke with said that as far as she was aware we both need to attend the court on the day so the summons can be struck out. Does this make sense, she did say she was covering for annual leave so wasn't 100% sure but believed this to be the case.

Obviously now that it has been resolved I would rather not have to attend and also not waste court time, anyone able to confirm this for me or what I need to do to cancel it. Thanks again.

Strictly speaking if neither of you has legal representation you DO need to appear in person to strike it out.

If either one of you had a solicitor, that solicitor could strike it out by consent on the day.

You cannot just write in.

Thanks Vanilla, I don't believe he has retained a solicitor so it looks like we'l both have to attend. Thanks for the clarification.