Child Garden Playset - DIY?

Sadmak

I have looked around at various versions of playsets in smyths, b&Q etc they generally consist of a small tower with steps and a slide - some have extras like a swing or climbing frame etc. Most that i have deemed suitable are in the region of about €700. Its a lot of money for a slide and a few planks of wood.

I have searched the internet for a site with instructions on how to construct one myself but have not found anything.

Would anyone know a book or a website that would give instructions on how to put one together?

Sadmak

I presume you are looking for something for an older child? Anyway we bought a nice timber sand box/ pit in Argos for our 1 1/2 year old and she loves it. For about €70 (including sand, bucket, spade etc etc) your little darling can be entertained for hours! It grieved me a little to pay for something I could so easily have made myself (and better) but when you factor in purchasing materials (time and money), transport, child friendly paint/ treatment for the timber and actual construction time it is very hard to justify making this sort of stuff yourself.

I recently bought and installed the Smyth's toys Fargo Wooden Playcentre which is retailing at EUR299. I hadn't considered a DIY approach - but after 2 days installing this the buy and assemble might be the best approach.

Eoin