Child friendly restaurant for lunch in Limerick and Cork cities.

Vanilla

Christmas shopping coming up and I would prefer to do it early before the crowds ( although judging by the traffic last weekend I might be too late already). Have to go with the children in tow and was wondering if anyone can recommend a child friendly restuarant preferably with child menus in either of the two cities? Something other than the ubiquitous nuggets and chips/ fish fingers and spag bol would be good but ultimately the overall package is important- i.e. parking, relatively healthy and not too far out ( in every sense).

I'd recommend Milanos on Oliver Plunkett St. Sit down the back where there is loads of room. Lovely food and will not break the bank. Scoozis ( off Winthrop St) always seems to be full of families but it is a bit too crowded for my liking. Thye have a very good children's menu for around 6 euro and they provide crayons and colouring paper etc.

if you go to the crescent shopping centre in limerick there are several cafes and fast food places. lots of shops and parking including underground which is great on a rainy day for getting kids and shopping in and out of car!

Cafe Bar Deli on Winthrop St - everything is prepared fresh so they will prepare whatever your children want! Fresh pasta, salads, pizzas... 2 floors and they're very quick - you'll never wait too long. Very reasonable too and generous portions.

Don't like Scoozi's myself - always a queue and there is no room there - people are always struggling with buggy's there!

Find Luigi Malone's & Bennigans quite expensive for what they offer.