Cherrywood, Clondalkin - Nice Area??

Ballyman

Hi

Was looking at Myhome and the prices here seem fairly reasonable compared to other areas around Clondalkin. I'm sure there is a reason for this but what kind of area is this?? I'm a FTB so as you can imagine price is important. Woulsn't want to be living in a dumkp though. Is it near the village?? Walking distance?? What kind of bus service does it have?

Thanks

Some roads are a lot nicer than others, so it would really depend on what road you were looking at. The bungalows facing the community centre (Cherrywood Avenue) playing fields would be the best area of Cherrywood, but these have always been way more expensive than the houses, even though they are smaller.

For a first time buyer, you could do a lot worse. It would be about a fifteen minute walk from the village(depending where you are within the estate. As far as I know it is serviced by the 51C bus route.

You would really need to drive around the estate and judge each road independently.

A relative lived there for a few years and found that there were many rented houses and as time went by this was getting worse. They didn't move for this reason specifically.

It also gets a mention here.

Hi, We are in the process of moving from Cherrywood (our house has just gone sale agreed) and the only reason we are moving is to get extra space. We live in one of the terraced houses and have been here for 6 years now. I think it depends on the road but we haven't had any problems. I have always found everyone to be really friendly and I think there is a fairly good community spirit. I think alot of people buy in Cherrywood as FTB and then move on after 4 or 5 years when they have a family. That means that your neighbours are constantly changing! There are some rented houses around but no major problems in our road (I do know some people have had trouble with their neighbours but I'd imagine this happens everywhere). It's a good idea to take a drive around the estate late on a Friday or Saturday night to see if the road where you are buying has any trouble or not. Good luck in your house hunting and feel free to ask any other questions you may have, Lyndy

Forgot to say that I have found the bus service fairly good but I am not using it every day. Loads of takeaways in Clondalkin too and they deliver to Cherrywood within a reasonable time! (see where my priorities lie!) I find the estate convenient for things like doctor's surgery, post box, bus stop - all are within easy walking distance. My dd is minded by a lady in Cherrywood and I can safely say that she is one of the best childminders available anywhere so I do know that there are a few good eggs in Cherrywood! HTH, Lyndy

Back