cheque deposited before 11am wednesday

G

Goatlady

We got our revenue cheque - course its spent already - fridge had to (lucky we have a small one to tide us over) . I drove into town and deposited the cheque immediately in our BOI account, and its drawn on the revenue account BOI. Will it be clear by Friday or Monday? I guess since it was deposited early today, will today count as one of the 3 business days ?

Had the same last week. Deposited cheque Tuesday morning. Showed up in accounts next day. I didn't check to see if the money was available to withdraw then (only looked online), but money was available come Friday morning.

Usually where cheque is from same branch it is in as soon as processed, think it's the same with same bank, but different branch.

Off the top of my head.

Lodge your branch today - arrives in payee branch Friday. Bank then have until Tuesday to return it. Which wouldn't be relevant in your case, but all cheques would be treated equally, i.e. I doubt that an exception is made for cheques drawn on the Revenue.

Its normally 5 working days/1 calender week before its cleared funds, in most banks.
Dosent matter if its a bank draft, same applies - from experience.

I lodged a Revenue check in BOI last week and they gave me a print out confirming that my account had been credited with the amount immediately - instant clearing!!!