Checked Baggage Aer Lingus to USA

Harry31

I wondered if anyone could advise. Travelling to NY in May, have booked 2 checked bags for myself & husband. Is it difficult to book in another bag for the return journey - just in case I go mad over there?
What I intend to do is check in our 2 (near empty cases) with our carry on bags inside them. And on the return carry on the cabin baggage - I'm just worried that if I do buy a lot over there I may need an extra checked in bag.

You could buy a bigger bag out there and place one of your luggage bags going out empty in there for the return, remember your allowances or those bargains will cost you a fortune in excess weight charges on your way home.

You can add a bag to your booking for €50 per flight and it can just be added to the return journey if you want. A paid-for extra bag is a far better option than risking an overweight bag which will be charged per extra kilo and may be declined/have to be partially unpacked if it is over 32kg.

Thanks for the replies - I will check into which option the best one for me - appreciate the help!

While visiting USA I purchased and pre-booked the extra packed luggage for the flight home. No problem
While visiting London last year I went to the airport and when trying to book an extra piece of baggage on I was charged double. I should have booked the luggage on line before going to the airport. Hope that has been helpful.
Enjoy your trip Browtal

Back