Check-in time for Cork airport

DACMAN

Hi,
I have to make trip to the UK next week, going Aer Lingus to Heathrow, I will have hand luggage only - do I have to check-in 2.5 hours before flight as it says on the T&C's ? It's been a few years since I flew & I know the security has added to the time involved but I'd apprecaite it if any regular travellers can confirm the check-in time is correct.

i would think an hour is ample but if you are not a native of cork city please make allowance for traffic delays depending on time of day you are travelling and what direction you are coming from.

there's a radio going out at the moment about check in times in Cork airport. Its after getting busier so I'd say alot of people are getting delayed at security especially on early morning flights. Best to give it at least an hour or a bit more if you are going between 7am-10am.

An hour should be plenty of time particularly as you only have hand luggage.

make sure and use the self service check in machines.. that means no queing at the desks.. also they have these machines in heathrow for the way back.. an hour should be fine but remember the security..it can be madness and they only ever seem to use to scanners but only 1 walk through scanner... scammers more like

All,
Many thanks - thats def. enough re-assurance on time - I thought 2.5 Hr was a bit much!

Definitely use the self-service check-in terminals - they're located just to the right of the check-in desks.

You'll need either your booking reference or the credit card you used to book the flight. This will take a matter of minutes and then if you only have hand luggage, you can go straight to security.