Cheapest way to wire money to Germany.

chrisboy

I won an item on ebay and need to wire him the money. He doesnt have paypal, and i dont think he'll be able to get me his bic and iban numbers.

I have his account number and sort code though. What would be the cheapest way of sending him the money?

Probably Western Union. I am being serious, without paypal and such you will prob get the best rates from them.

Be careful. Without Paypal or credit card you have less protection should anything go wrong.

Tell him to set up a paypal account asap. I wouldn't be too trusting of a seller on ebay that doesn't have one.

I won an item on ebay and need to wire him the money. He doesnt have paypal, and i dont think he'll be able to get me his bic and iban numbers.

I have his account number and sort code though. What would be the cheapest way of sending him the money?

I would be extremely surprised and a bit doubtful, if a German could not give you an IBAN. It is very hard to live in German without one, since it is the main method of payment! Even if he does not have a bank account he should be able to give one for his PostKonto instead.

Jim (Switzerland)

I would be extremely surprised and a bit doubtful, if a German could not give you an IBAN. It is very hard to live in German without one, since it is the main method of payment! Even if he does not have a bank account he should be able to give one for his PostKonto instead.

Jim (Switzerland)

Thanks for replies guys, western union's charges are outrageous, Germans' arent big on paypal..

Jim, i emailed him and got the bic and iban number from him no problem, all sorted and item arrived today!

Back