cheapest solid/semi solid wooden floor

summersun

hello all, tempted to put down a simple solid or semi solid, pine floor throughout ground floor, (or is there a cheaper wood )

(except kitchen should an appliance leak, or maybe I should....views?)

would be very very grateful to know who is the cheapest at fitting it for Dublin, thanks in advance,

solid pine would mark very easily, although semi solid pine might be better I don't know.
I put down semi solid oak and very happy with it so far.
Semi solid is probably easier as it can be floating (and just glued together) and won't expand very much where as solid has the tendency to expand/contract alot depending on the wood.
Not based in Dublin so can't recommend a place for fitting.

There’s a small factory outlet out in Leixlip, we paid 24 euro per square yard for solid oak, which is ridiculously cheap, cant remember the name of the place but if you go into Leixlip village turn right at a roundabout (there’s a bank on the roundabout) you go over a bridge and its tucked in there on your right hand side about 50 yards up the road.

I’ve them down 2 years now and they’re great.

Check out Brooks as they have pretty good sale on at moment especially on flooring. Stores nationwide...no idea on installation costs though.

seconding the recommendation of Brookes sale. We got solid classic oak there for 21.99 last week