Cheapest place to buy Macbook?

hickey34

Im looking to buy a brand new Macbook with 2.4Ghz Intel Core Duo, 4GB Ram. It has to be the new model with the aluminium casing with these specs as I use my laptop to run very memory and CPU intensive programmes.
The Irish Apple store online works out at nearly €300 more expensive than the UK site, and there are even cheaper offers on Ebay.
Im wondering where the cheapest place to buy one reliably is? Will one bought on Ebay be covered by the warranty? Is it safe to buy them on Ebay?
Thanks for your help.

If you need lots of CPU cycles and memory, why not go for a MacBook Pro (2.93Ghz & upgradeable to 8Gb RAM)?

Personally I wouldn't ever consider buying a new Mac off ebay. Maybe you'd be in the States / Canada ...

Know any students?If so they'll get an additional discount from the apple store.How much of a discount, depends on what college/university they attend.If they're in Trinity College the macbook you want is €1431.27, which saves Joe Bloggs around €150.

I got a new macbook air in the UK for under €1k, saving about €600 on the Irish price.

Hi Leghorn - can you please advise where in the UK you got the MACBOOK - My son is looking for one so I'd appreiciate some guideance.....

Roy

Why not take a trip up north unless you know someone going to the US. A good option would be to get a student to take a trip up north. That would mean even extra savings.

Back