Cheapest pint in Ireland

The English Pub chain Witherspoons were rumoured to be moving into a premises in Capel St. a few years ago. They sell drink at very competitive prices.
Do you think out monopolists in the licensing trade would allow that ?

Too many publicians in the Dail for that type of nonsense to be allowed. Stuff the consumer !

If alcohol is at too much of a discount in a pub relative to other pubs I wouldn't go near it - don't think I'd feel comfortable having a drink in a Kevlar vest and crash helmet !

If alcohol is at too much of a discount in a pub relative to other pubs I wouldn't go near it - don't think I'd feel comfortable having a drink in a Kevlar vest and crash helmet !

The Wetherspoons chains were advertising a 99p pint a few months back, but to be honest, and I hope I don't come across as a snob by saying this, I'd rather pay £2.50 to have a pint AWAY from the people who frequent my local Wetherspoons. It is packed full of candidates for the Jerry Springer/Jeremy Kyle Shows.

Free entertainment - what more do you want!!

I think I was in one like that in Kent a long while back. One man was drinking his beer out of a Woman's White Stiletto amongst other strange and wonderfully entertaining events....then the Barman came over and after using his power of deduction worked out that some of us in out particular crowd were Irish and announced "I had some of you Irish in a few weeks back, Travellers, I had to ask them to leave" I guess they were far too well behaved for that particular pub or something!

Anyway Citibar, Dame Street €2.50 all drinks on Wednesdays, there is also a 'foam party' downstairs in the Disco, and with the current '80's revival there may be White Stilleto's about for anyone who may like to try the Kent experience.

The Long Valley & The Hi B - 20 yards of each other by the GPO and also The Chateaux on Patrick Street are all great pubs. LV also has incredible sambos so no need to break for food!

Walked into the Long Valley asked for a pint and a sandwich they weren't doing food at that hour.

I could have cried!

So went into the Chateaux and had a seafood chowder and a toasted sandwich...lovely.

Met our own Lex Foutish for a skinfull after leaving him decided to go to bed, I was 'tired' *ahem*.

So back to the hotel and there was a convention going on there.

Met a guy who had about a hundred vouchers for pints and was going to bed so I felt 'obliged' to help him in his quest to reduce the number he had to get rid of.

Didn't hear the cleaning lady banging on the door till 1.30.

Great night!!!

Great night alright, S.L.F. Glad I left when I did. Still not 100% and had to cancel golf this morning. Delighted you enjoyed The People's Republican welcome and hospitality. Wasn't easy to set it all up at such short notice, especially the vouchers, but I love it when a plan comes together.

Still not right myself I'm not used to drinking enough beer to kill a horse!!!

And great beer it was too