Cheapest online merchant payment provider

S

saphire

Hi

I am thinking of allowing purchasing from my website. Trying to indentify the cheapest merchant facility for a company based in ireland. I assume there will be a percentage cut on each change and perphaps a monthly rental fee also

Regards

Hi Saphire,
Have to admit I'm slightly suspicious of this post. You have 4 posts.... 1 of those is about setting up a business with a partner, one is about obtaining an advertising board and then you have this one.

In the week that an irish company announced a new merchant facility and advertising on national radio it is very coincidental that you have posted this especially when you consider that this new merchant online business was also set up by two partners check out lucey.ie (Joe Healy and Ian Lucey)

Anyway for the record Lucey is new and yes is the cheaper option compared to say Payal or Sage. I have not used them so would not know the quality or realiability of service for which I have found paypal to be excellent but in terms of monetrary savings you would be hard pushed to ignore Lucey.

Good luck in the future!!

Hi J man

Thanks for the info.

Let me start by saying i read the info on the suggested company's website and its not what I am looking for. They don't suit my needs as I am trying to steer clear from any providers who charge a monthly fee. I was hoping to find a company who just charge per transaction and from my research I think paypal are the way to go. The major advantage for me is the fact that you don't have a 30 euro monthly fee(which I think is ridiculous) + fee/txn and secondly it is very simple to setup.

The disadavantages as I see with paypal, they don't accept laser plus user has to navigate away from your website - but it works best for me.. i think.

Furthermore, I am not sure if a company who processes onlines payments is going to be on a forum trying to figure out to print a poster to stick on the back of a board and subsquently on a trailer. I would assume they would be using more professional type advertising like the radio/tv.

Thanks!

One last question, if a shop already has an epos payment system using the likes of elevon, can this same merchant account be used if the same shop had an online shop or are they different things. Or is the case they are different and hence you would be paying 30 euro a month (ish) rent for both systems and then payment per txn on top

Thanks