Cheapest means of Travel from Dublin to Kildare (NAAS or NewBridge)

bullworth

I have to be in Kildare during the week or as soon as possible for personal reasons. Specifically NAAS or NewBridge. At either location a relative can pick me up. Whats the cheapest way to get there and back from Dublin, bus or train etc and how long is the journey ?
A bus ticket is probably going to be cheapest but are there cheaper companies going there than Bus Eireann and is it possible to cut the cost by taking a Dublin Bus to the outskirts of dublin and then connecting with a Bus Eireann etc type bus or do all departures leave from e.g Busaras ?
Frustratingly it seems the Bus Eireann and CIE phone lines arent manned on Saturdays so I have little idea of cost or journey time.

Plenty of buses, not too expensive

It seems that this site won't allow me to give you the link but to see the timetable on the bus eireann site ,it is here:

1 click timetables/more info
2 click timetable regional services by county
3 scroll to county Kildare and it is number 126

Dublin to Naas fares:
Service 126
6.40 : Adult Single
10.40 : Adult Rtn
8.40 : Adult Day Rtn
4.00 : Child Single
6.40 : Child Return
5.50 : Child Day Rtn
6.00 : Student Single
9.00 : Student Rtn

Dublin to Newbridge Fares:
Service 126
8.70 : Adult Single
14.50 : Adult Rtn
12.40 : Adult Day Rtn
5.60 : Child Single
9.30 : Child Return
8.20 : Child Day Rtn
6.80 : Student Single
11.50 : Student Rtn

The website is tricky at first but all of the information is there, Bus Éireann via telephone is a waste of time, I phoned once when there were was flooding to check if there were any buses and it seemed that I knew more than they did.
I don't know of any private buses.