Cheapest Flights to New York

ImAsaver

What is good value for flights to New York? I'm looking at 1050 for return flights for 2 people including all taxes/charges.
Has anyone got a better deal than this in the past?

C'mon RYANAIR - get into longhaul!

What is good value for flights to New York? I'm looking at 1050 for return flights for 2 people including all taxes/charges.
Has anyone got a better deal than this in the past?

C'mon RYANAIR - get into longhaul!

They've a sale on which started today...356 a head including everything.

Not to be sniffed at.

Aer lingus but you have to fly before end of Feb.

This is not true!

I booked flights to NYC in November earlier this morning at the €105 each way which translates to €356 all in.

This is not true!

I booked flights to NYC in November earlier this morning at the €105 each way which translates to €356 all in.

Dont cod yourself, all these taxes and charges at the end of the day
are from your own hard earned cash!

So you actually paid e178 each way,
the e105 is irrelevant false advertising, (all airlines do this!)

oh and can I mention (again) the AerLingus fuel charge rip-off when
cost of oil has come back 25%+ (and the US$ remains at 1.30 to euro)
and this "stealth charge" of e40 each way remains the same?!
http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=44518

on-top of that aer lingus often will hassle you with shannon/dublin stop overs, and charge you for alcohol drinks (not neccess a bad thing!)

What's your point? I said how much I actually paid...the fuel surcharge bit is a scam now that oil prices are at there lowest level in 19 months. But the taxes and charges are separate items levied by third parties so it's fair enough not to include them in adverts. Personally I'd prefer to see them included but the airlines shouldn't be obliged to.

on-top of that aer lingus often will hassle you with shannon/dublin stop overs, and charge you for alcohol drinks (not neccess a bad thing!)

I agree with you JR. Can the EU or the Irish Government not pot a stop to this. Shops can't display a certain price and then when you get to the checkout charge you extras for the labour which went into getting the product onto the shelf. It makes me mad!:mad:

I agree with you JR. Can the EU or the Irish Government not put a stop to this. Shops can't display a certain price and then when you get to the checkout charge you extras for the labour which went into getting the product onto the shelf. It makes me mad!:mad:

i was looking at flights for new york for end of april and with aerlingus it is e450 return

i was looking at flights for new york for end of april and with aerlingus it is e450 return

That must be for mid week flights I suppose, The best I can get from Aer Lingus is €1160. So I might go for Continental instead €1050

What's your point? I said how much I actually paid...the fuel surcharge bit is a scam now that oil prices are at there lowest level in 19 months. But the taxes and charges are separate items levied by third parties so it's fair enough not to include them in adverts. Personally I'd prefer to see them included but the airlines shouldn't be obliged to.

apart from the fuel charge rip off that I think we all agree on,
the point is why bother mention the fare for e105 when the
total cost for you to get to and from new york is e356 ??

the e105 is a marketing spoof to grab attention, and when it comes
to how much the passanger pays (and cares about) it is IRRELEVANT!!!

btw, if you miss your plane, what happens to the money you paid??
-> aerlingus keep your e105 x 2 fare for no show,
but what happens to (e356 total - e210 fare =) e146 charges, tax, etc???

I know this is a grey area but my guess is aerlingus keeps it,
if so then thats even more reason to not be allowed quote this e105.

apart from the fuel charge rip off that I think we all agree on,
the point is why bother mention the fare for e105 when the
total cost for you to get to and from new york is e356 ??

the e105 is a marketing spoof to grab attention, and when it comes
to how much the passanger pays (and cares about) it is IRRELEVANT!!!

btw, if you miss your plane, what happens to the money you paid??
-> aerlingus keep your e105 x 2 fare for no show,
but what happens to (e356 total - e210 fare =) e146 charges, tax, etc???

I know this is a grey area but my guess is aerlingus keeps it,
if so then thats even more reason to not be allowed quote this e105.

Fair point on the keeping the taxes...I don't know but being Ireland somehow I doubt if you get them back!
It's no different to buying something in New York. It's priced at say $100, you go to pay and they add the tax.
Personally I think airlines should advertise the all inclusive price but morally only the fare and the fuel surcharge should be included.

1100 or so for two is probably as good as you will get.

I've been tracking this for weeks now, trying to get the best deals to the US, but later in the summer, so it may not be directly applicable to your case. I tried KLM via Amsterdam (did that flight before Christmas), and also tried BA via Heathrow, Lufthansa via Frankfurt, Virgin, blah, blah, and some more...

For my purposes (July/August), Aer Lingus are the best deal at around 1100 for two, and I can't find anything to beat that. I'm going with a large group of friends who have also tried and we all are agreed on that.

Happy flying!!

I booked return SNN - JFK flights last week on Delta for travel over the October Bank Holiday weekend later this year for €438 incl. all taxes and surcharges etc. The Aer Lingus fare for the same dates was €555 incl. taxes and surcharges.
I know its a long time forward to be confirming flight reservations but I have to be in NY for a family occasion at that time and as its a bank holiday weekend flight costs are only going to go in one direction. My advice to anyone booking this far in advance is to have a good annual travel insurance policy in place at the time of booking.

Back