cheapest fares to New York

gailey

I would like to book a long weekend for two in April direct to New York. I have priced Aer Lingus who are advertising one way tickets for 105 euro but return it is costing between 800 and 900 euro.( Is this not an example of misleading advertising from Aer Lingus?) Does anyone know a good website where I can find something cheaper. I have found already great websites for hotels in New York on AAM forum but I was wondering would it be possible to find cheap flights.

personally I'd look around at the main airlines directly, Continental, Delta, American Airlines, BA, Air France, KLM, as well as looking at the Ebookers.ie and gohop.ie sites.
As for the advertised price versus the final price, it can be difficult for an airline to confirm a final cost as different airports charge different fees, what you will see also is that the more airports you visit during your journey the higher the final cost (ie via CDG can add EU70+).
The main benefit of flying directly from Ireland is completing US immigration in Dublin, when you get to the US airports its very nice to be able to pass the long queues at the desks there, but for a significant cost saving I'm sure you wouldn't begrudge queueing.

when Aer Lingus advertised €105 each way for Dublin-New York direct , i hope they know where to take off from and where to land...

Why is the fuel surcharge not included in the advertised price as well?
Ticket = €210 return
Fuel = €80 return, that's almost +33% of the advertised cost.

Your not specific on the dates in April you want to travel - Aer Lingus have a fare of €462 inc. taxes etc. departing from Dublin on Friday April 13 returning Mon 16.

Your not specific on the dates in April you want to travel - Aer Lingus have a fare of €462 inc. taxes etc. departing from Dublin on Friday April 13 returning Mon 16.
Sorry GDF anytime in April, the figure €462 is also the figure I found on website.The figure €900 I gave in original post was for two persons and I was just wondering could I get it cheaper than that.Thanks for taking trouble to look it up.

Gailey, I would say that 462 return is good value. Bear in mind the 80 euro fuel surcharge is included, so it is good value for April.