cheaper petrol & diesel coming

mcaul

Just to give a lift to everyone, Petrol & diesel should come down by about 10c per litre over the next week or so.

Over the past 10 days, there has been a sustained lowering of world oil prices including refined products such as petrol & diesel.

Port Delivered Diesel is 12% off its high and trend is down.

To calculate pump reduction deduct approx. 60c (duty, vat on duty, distribution costs, dealer margin) from current average retail price (1.45) and then the percentage discount of the port delivered price.

Just to give a lift to everyone, Petrol & diesel should come down by about 10c per litre over the next week or so.

Over the past 10 days, there has been a sustained lowering of world oil prices including refined products such as petrol & diesel.

To calculate pump reduction deduct approx. 60c (duty, vat on duty, distribution costs, dealer margin) from current average retail price (1.45) and then the percentage discount of the port delivered price.

I'll belive it when I see it, here's hoping :)

We can live in hope!

I expect to hear the usual rubbish from Mary Harney and Mary Coughlan and the joke National Consumer Agency, to "shop around" to bring down prices.

All they have achieved is that the English high St shops have removed the price tags that had dual Sterling/Euro prices to hide the rip off Irish consumers are currently being charged by these multiples.

Shopping around when there appears to be a virtual cartel in diesel/petrol prices will do little for the consumer either.

A petrol station in the Clonsilla area dropped the pump prices by 3 or 4c per litre last week, so some reductions are filtering through!

Not gonna hold my breath on this.

Just hope I can sweat it out another week before I need a fill.

We can live in hope!

I expect to hear the usual rubbish from Mary Harney and Mary Coughlan and the joke National Consumer Agency, to "shop around" to bring down prices.
Shopping around when there appears to be a virtual cartel in diesel/petrol prices will do little for the consumer either.
Also shopping around for petrol or diesel doesn't make sense if you have to travel any extra distance. The more driving you do the more fuel you burn cancelling out any savings.

For anyone going down the N7 the cheapest garage for diesel that's I've found is in Newbridge *7c cheaper than where i live!*. As it's near the curragh exit (going to dublin) there's no real effort involved doing a dip in and out one morning going to work and filling up for the day

I assume I'm not allowed post the garage name but it's not the maxol and it's on the left, lol

hope that helps someone!

The savings won't be passed on in Ireland.

I'd disagree with that - its actually quite competitive in the fuel market here and prices drop & rise about 2 weeks after the oil market moves, so I'd expect the big reduction to filter in next week and the week following with diesel below 1.30 & petrol below 1.20 in the better priced garages. Already I have seen 1.36 on diesel - down from 1.41

Fuel Retailers work on approx. 5c - 8c per litre profit.

here's the commododity market details for diesel (price per US Gallon 3.8 litres)

http://www.profitquotes.com/commodities-quotes.mpl?a=detailed&ticker=/LH8Q

Current price $3.55 against high of $4.16 early last week.

I'm not in the trade but a friend used to own a station about 5 years ago.

Petrol stations have been closing down over the last few years to make way for yet more apartment developments.

This in turn creates a tighter grip on the Irish motorist/consumer.

I filled up yesterday at a cost of 137.9 per litre of petrol

MMMMMM that's competitive.

It seems the oil barons value their fuel the same way Iris Auctioneers valued property for many years. Ie: throw a few high figures at a wall and see which one sticks.

There is NO OIL SHORTAGE at present, deliveries are being made every day on time. The cost is being driven up by Hedge fund gamblers. This is a sharp business practise if you ask me as it targets the most vulnerable in society ie : the old and the poor.

Follow this link to the news this morning regarding oil prices.

Oil Prices are on the way up.

[broken link removed]

So how come 2 days ago, my local stations in Donegal moved the price of unleaded from 136.1 to 137.9 per litre.

A real Irish reduction that !!

Back