Cheap Website design

you can get website templates online - try googling it. Setting up a website is on my 'to do list', i checked out bravenet.com and they have numerous templates that you can download but it depends what you are looking for . Would be interested to hear if you come across anything useful

I came across CGORMAN on Askaboutmoney and was very pleased with the outcome.

Roy

JohnnieKippe said:
??????????????????

I thought the same thing but didn't want to say anything for fear of being edited by the powers that be ;)

Very funny sentence mind you! At least they're happy though...

Gabriel said:
I thought the same thing but didn't want to say anything for fear of being edited by the powers that be ;)

Very funny sentence mind you! At least they're happy though...

:D

I actually innocently didnt understand what he was saying but now i see you're durty durty interpretation :D

bsloe said:
you can get website templates online - try googling it. Setting up a website is on my 'to do list', i checked out bravenet.com and they have numerous templates that you can download but it depends what you are looking for . Would be interested to hear if you come across anything useful
Which comes first by the way - Hosting or website? I mean can you build a site using these templates offline before buying someplace to host it?

DoctorEvil said:
Which comes first by the way - Hosting or website? I mean can you build a site using these templates offline before buying someplace to host it?

Yes.

Johnnie...I fell around the place when I read it the first time. Perhaps I'm a bit warped though. Funniest thing I'd read in a while :)

DoctorEvil said:

I think it's much better to get the hosting space first. I find it can get very messy creating an offline file system for a website, for my fist website I had created over 500 pages... and when it came to the time to upload them, I found out the links in all of them where missing a very trivial letter... so I had to manually alter ever page! So, since then I find it psychologically reassuring to be able to "test" things out for real.

CGorman said:
I think it's much better to get the hosting space first. I find it can get very messy creating an offline file system for a website, for my fist website I had created over 500 pages... and when it came to the time to upload them, I found out the links in all of them where missing a very trivial letter... so I had to manually alter ever page! So, since then I find it psychologically reassuring to be able to "test" things out for real.

I think I'll try out about 3-5 pages offline and then go for hosting. I think once I get the idea of what I want I'll be ready to upload.

Back