Cheap small flatscreen TV?

R

rimbo

Can anyone recommend a decent small flatscreen tv.
I have an NTL connection into the kitchen and want a tv to go with it.
Extravagant I know! We are tv addicts

Cheers

best places to check are:

(doing good deals right now)

also try http://www.shopireland.ie/electronics/detail/B000B0Q350/Compacks-LTV1500-15'-LCD-Television/ they have more on this site just search around

how about:

http://www.didstore.com/store_subcat.asp?catid=14&subid=195

then maybe also:

[broken link removed]

also check tesco, aldi, lidl etc they do have some good deals sometimes.

Have done a bit of research recently as am doing the same thing with kitchen (Addicted is right ) .... out of the above depending on your preference towards brands i think argos is worth a look.

rimbo said:
Can anyone recommend a decent small flatscreen tv.
I have an NTL connection into the kitchen and want a tv to go with it.
Extravagant I know! We are tv addicts

Cheers

heard aldi were doing a great deal last week 22" flat screen with built in dvd for 500E

X-Man said:
heard aldi were doing a great deal last week 22" flat screen with built in dvd for 500E
Not bad, but a bit dearer than buying a standalone and a separate

I recently purchased the cheapest one in Argos and its grand. No problem. Picture fine..I think it was 248 Euro..

hey x-man why quote the entire post ... just wastes space and time as far as i can see ...

also, x-man and dr moriarty do you really consider 20" - 22" to be "small" for a kitchen.

My understanding of a small tv in the lcd range would be 15", 17" and maybe 19" at max especially for a kitchen tv.

Just my thoughts you all might live in mansions!!

well my kitchen will have a 28" on the wall. do it once and do it right, i'll pipe everything from one of the entertainment staions in the house and i'll have sky+, xbox 360, dvd recorder and windows media center on hand for all my needs !!!!

johnnybegood said:
also, x-man and dr moriarty do you really considered 20" - 22" "small" for a kitchen?
Who said anything about it being too small..?

On the contrary, I'd say it's about right — you'd want a fair-sized room to be able to sit at a comfortable viewing distance from a 28" screen.

IM CONFUSED the original post asked for a recommendation towards a decent small flatscreen tv....

now i would have assumed that to be in the region of 15" - 19" with a 20" - 28" been medium size and anything over that large.

i think you misread my last post i did not say it was too small i asked did you or x-man consider that size tv (ie 20") to be small? "small" was in inverrted comma's.

in summary i think a 20" to 22" is too big for a kitchen (although depends on how big your kitchen is)

everyone for themselves (as ron says he probably wants to watch himself all day - GO ANCHORMAN! )

hope that clears things up !!

it all does depend on the size of the room, but i hate small tv's.

when the work is finished in the house we'll have a 42" plasma in the living room, 28" LCD in the kitchen, 28" in our bedroom , 32" in another bedroom and my fav, my den 50" plasma and motor projection screen with hi dev projector as well.

All this will be run from 2 entertainment stations, one in the living room and one in the bedroom, both will have full broadband at each point, the x box 360 with the wireless controllers can be played in each room, sky off 2 boxes with sky plus+ on main box and a dvd recorder with jukebox that can pipe desired music into each room at the touch of a button and any programmes you have recorded recently, its my dream. i'm a gadget freak and have spend a month designing this system.

i shouldn't mention wanting to put 22" lcd in the bathroom should i ???

Hey Ron!! when is the party ... can i watch the football in your place IM JEALOUS !!! THATS SOME SETUP !!!

johnnybegood said:
hey x-man why quote the entire post ... just wastes space and time as far as i can see ...
Quoting is a legitimate way to associate a response with a query or part of a query. Other than that...

johnnybegood said:
Hey Ron!! when is the party ... can i watch the football in your place IM JEALOUS !!! THATS SOME SETUP !!!

i'm thinkin of bose for the main system in the house, they do great aua speakers for bathrooms which i will need in order to pump all over the house.

Hi Rimbo,

I am in a similar position, did you comeup with anything? I saw a 19" lcd advertised at dixons for what i thought was a reasonable price, can't find the ad though. I think 19 - 20 are coming in around the mid €400 region am i right.

Does any one know what price argos are doing, electrical stuff isn't on their web site,
Am tempted by their 20" widescreen
I am hoping their will be some offers over the easter weekend.

johnnybegood said:

Ron you lucky bugger. I presume you'll be doing guided tours for us AAM techno heads.

PC world were selling that model for €449 just a few weeks ago. I went to buy it and found the price had gone up to €479. I queried them on it but they gave me the usual nonsense. Don't be surpised to see it in a sale in about - oh - 20ish days with €30 off. I got it from pixmania at €450 delivered. It is HD ready so it's futureproof at least, and with 8ms response time it is a fine TV for a small room.

We have a 20" Toshiba with built in Freeview (digital) that cost £500 which we run through our Bose 321 GSI sound system which includes DVD and CD players. The Bose kit is expensive but well worth it.

[broken link removed] do a range of small size TV's - like the following:

Samsung 17" LCD-TV Syncmaster 711MP TCO99 Monitor, Silver, TV-Tuner
Your price: €329.00

You'll have to add carriage and possibly a wall mounting bracket to that.

You should check the definition on any LCD TV. We tried a Wharfedale from Argos which only had 780x 700 (or somethng like that). The Toshiba is about double that and the crispness of the picture is excellent.