Cheap small flatscreen TV?

R

rimbo

Can anyone recommend a decent small flatscreen tv.
I have an NTL connection into the kitchen and want a tv to go with it.
Extravagant I know! We are tv addicts :)

Cheers

best places to check are:

(doing good deals right now)

also try http://www.shopireland.ie/electronics/detail/B000B0Q350/Compacks-LTV1500-15'-LCD-Television/ they have more on this site just search around

how about:

http://www.didstore.com/store_subcat.asp?catid=14&subid=195

then maybe also:

[broken link removed]

also check tesco, aldi, lidl etc they do have some good deals sometimes.

Have done a bit of research recently as am doing the same thing with kitchen (Addicted is right :p ) .... out of the above depending on your preference towards brands i think argos is worth a look.

rimbo said:
Can anyone recommend a decent small flatscreen tv.
I have an NTL connection into the kitchen and want a tv to go with it.
Extravagant I know! We are tv addicts :)

Cheers

heard aldi were doing a great deal last week 22" flat screen with built in dvd for 500E

I recently purchased the cheapest one in Argos and its grand. No problem. Picture fine..I think it was 248 Euro..

hey x-man why quote the entire post ... just wastes space and time as far as i can see :confused: ...

also, x-man and dr moriarty do you really consider 20" - 22" to be "small" for a kitchen.

My understanding of a small tv in the lcd range would be 15", 17" and maybe 19" at max especially for a kitchen tv.

Just my thoughts you all might live in mansions!! :D

well my kitchen will have a 28" on the wall. do it once and do it right, i'll pipe everything from one of the entertainment staions in the house and i'll have sky+, xbox 360, dvd recorder and windows media center on hand for all my needs !!!!

johnnybegood said:
also, x-man and dr moriarty do you really considered 20" - 22" "small" for a kitchen?
Who said anything about it being too small..? :confused:

On the contrary, I'd say it's about right — you'd want a fair-sized room to be able to sit at a comfortable viewing distance from a 28" screen.

IM CONFUSED :confused: the original post asked for a recommendation towards a decent small flatscreen tv....

now i would have assumed that to be in the region of 15" - 19" with a 20" - 28" been medium size and anything over that large.

i think you misread my last post i did not say it was too small i asked did you or x-man consider that size tv (ie 20") to be small? "small" was in inverrted comma's.

in summary i think a 20" to 22" is too big for a kitchen (although depends on how big your kitchen is)

everyone for themselves (as ron says he probably wants to watch himself all day - GO ANCHORMAN! :D )

hope that clears things up !! :p

it all does depend on the size of the room, but i hate small tv's.

when the work is finished in the house we'll have a 42" plasma in the living room, 28" LCD in the kitchen, 28" in our bedroom , 32" in another bedroom and my fav, my den 50" plasma and motor projection screen with hi dev projector as well.

All this will be run from 2 entertainment stations, one in the living room and one in the bedroom, both will have full broadband at each point, the x box 360 with the wireless controllers can be played in each room, sky off 2 boxes with sky plus+ on main box and a dvd recorder with jukebox that can pipe desired music into each room at the touch of a button and any programmes you have recorded recently, its my dream. i'm a gadget freak and have spend a month designing this system.

i shouldn't mention wanting to put 22" lcd in the bathroom should i ???

Hey Ron!! when is the party ... can i watch the football in your place IM JEALOUS !!! THATS SOME SETUP !!! :cool:

johnnybegood said:
hey x-man why quote the entire post ... just wastes space and time as far as i can see :confused: ...
Quoting is a legitimate way to associate a response with a query or part of a query. Other than that...

johnnybegood said:
Hey Ron!! when is the party ... can i watch the football in your place IM JEALOUS !!! THATS SOME SETUP !!! :cool:

i'm thinkin of bose for the main system in the house, they do great aua speakers for bathrooms which i will need in order to pump all over the house.

Hi Rimbo,

I am in a similar position, did you comeup with anything? I saw a 19" lcd advertised at dixons for what i thought was a reasonable price, can't find the ad though. I think 19 - 20 are coming in around the mid €400 region am i right.

Does any one know what price argos are doing, electrical stuff isn't on their web site,
Am tempted by their 20" widescreen
I am hoping their will be some offers over the easter weekend.

johnnybegood said:

Ron you lucky bugger. I presume you'll be doing guided tours for us AAM techno heads.

PC world were selling that model for €449 just a few weeks ago. I went to buy it and found the price had gone up to €479. I queried them on it but they gave me the usual nonsense. Don't be surpised to see it in a sale in about - oh - 20ish days with €30 off. I got it from pixmania at €450 delivered. It is HD ready so it's futureproof at least, and with 8ms response time it is a fine TV for a small room.

We have a 20" Toshiba with built in Freeview (digital) that cost £500 which we run through our Bose 321 GSI sound system which includes DVD and CD players. The Bose kit is expensive but well worth it.

[broken link removed] do a range of small size TV's - like the following:

Samsung 17" LCD-TV Syncmaster 711MP TCO99 Monitor, Silver, TV-Tuner
Your price: €329.00

You'll have to add carriage and possibly a wall mounting bracket to that.

You should check the definition on any LCD TV. We tried a Wharfedale from Argos which only had 780x 700 (or somethng like that). The Toshiba is about double that and the crispness of the picture is excellent.

Back